What is your target market’s first impression when they visit your site or head straight to your blog? Words are powerful and you need to make sure you’re speaking your customer’s language to engage people effectively.
The words and messaging your business uses should be reflective of your voice and clearly communicate what problems you help your customers to solve. Is your content effortlessly selling your business and its products and services?
Some of the most common content problems include:
- Failing to speak your customer’s language. If your target market don’t feel you understand them and their problems, they’re likely to switch off fairly quickly.
- Businesses writing for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) purposes only and stuffing their content with keywords, severely reducing its quality and impact.
- Poor quality content. Your aim should be to reiterate what makes your brand and business different with every piece of communication you release out into the world.
- Your content is all about selling. Going in for the hard-sell rarely works because your audience isn’t on your blog or website to be sold to.
Working with a professional writer who has the expertise and who will take the time to get the best out of your content is crucial. The right person will be able to:
- Improve the overall quality of your content.
- Find the right tone and voice for your business so that you’re reaching your target market and speaking their language.
- Guide you in terms of what content (blog posts, OpEd articles etc) is best suited to your goals so that you’re not trying to do too much and inevitably, doing nothing well.
- Compose content that sells but not in a way that has people running for the hills as soon as they land on your site or blog.
Quality storytelling is powerful because it’s authentic. It should be your business on a page.
This Woman Can offers copywriting, ghost writing, media release writing, blog/LinkedIn writing services as well as blog/website management services.
If you want to tap into the power of storytelling to boost your business’ bottom line, get in touch and let’s chat about how we can craft content that helps you to achieve your business goals.